| Name：LI Yongfang|
Tel: +86-(0)512-65883097 Fax: +86-(0)512-65883097
Member of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Yongfang Li’s main research fields are photovoltaic materials and devices for polymer solar cells, the electrochemistry of conducting polymers and semiconductor nano-materials. He has published more than 500 research papers and given more than 90 plenary and invited lectures in international and domestic academic meetings and conferences. His papers have been cited by others for more than 17000 times with a h-factor of 67. He was named as “Young and Middle-aged Specialist with Outstanding Contributions in Natural Science” by Chinese government in 1998, .awarded the Second-Grade National Award of China on Natural Sciences in 1995 and the First-Grade Award of Beijing City on Science and Technology in 2005. In 2012, he won “Macro2012 Lecture Award” from American Chemical Society. According to the announcement of Thomson Reuters, he is one of the 21 hottest scientific researchers in 2013 and one of the 147 highly cited researchers in the field of materials science, based on the data from 2002 to 2013.
20 Representative publications:
1. Jing-De Chen,† Chaohua Cui,† Yan-Qing Li,* Lei Zhou, Qing-Dong Ou, Chi Li, Yongfang Li,* and Jian-Xin Tang*, “Single-junction polymer solar cells exceeding 10% power conversion efficiency”, Adv. Mater., 2015, 27, 1035–1041.
2. Chaohua Cui, Wai-Yeung Wong* and Yongfang Li*, “Improvement of Open-Circuit Voltage and Photovoltaic Properties of 2D-Conjugated Polymers by Alkylthio Substitution”, Energy Environ. Sci. 2014, 7, 2276-2284.
3. Zhan’ao Tan*, Shusheng Li, Fuzhi Wang, Deping Qian, Jun Lin, Jianhui Hou, and Yongfang Li*, High performance polymer solar cells with as-prepared zirconium acetylacetonate film as cathode buffer layer, Scientific Report., 2014, 4, 4691.
4. Shusheng Li, Ming Lei*, Menglan Lv, Scott E. Watkins, Zhan’ao Tan*, Jin Zhu, Jianhui Hou, Xiwen Chen* and Yongfang Li*, “[6,6]-Phenyl-C61- Butyric Acid Dimethylamino Ester as Cathode Buffer Layer for High Performance Polymer Solar Cells”, Adv. Energy Mater. 2013, 3, 1569–1574.
5. Yongfang Li, “Molecular Design of Photovoltaic Materials for Polymer Solar Cells: Towards Suitable Electronic Energy Levels and Broad Absorption”, Acc. Chem. Res. 2012, 45, 723–733.
6. Zhan’ao Tan*, Wenqing Zhang, Ye Huang, Zhiguo Zhang, Deping Qian, Jianhui Hou*, Yongfang Li*, “High performance inverted polymer solar cells with solution-processed titanium chelate as electron-collecting layer on ITO electrode”, Adv. Mater. 2012, 24, 1476-1481.
7. Ye Huang, Xia Guo, Feng Liu, Lijun Huo, Yuning Chen, Thomas P. Russell*, Charles C. Han, Yongfang Li*, Jianhui Hou*, “Improving the ordering and photovoltaic properties by extending the π–conjugated area of electron-donating units in polymers with D-A structure”, Adv. Mater. 2012, 24, 3383–3389.
8. Xia Guo, Chaohua Cui, Maojie Zhang, Lijun Huo, Ye Huang, Jianhui Hou*, Yongfang Li*, “High efficiency polymer solar cells based on poly(3-hexylthiophene)/indene-C70 bisadduct with solution additive”, Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 7943-7949.
9. Lijun Huo, Shaoqing Zhang, Xia Guo, Feng Xu, Yongfang Li,* Jianhui Hou*, “Replacement of Alkoxy with Alkylthienyl: A Feasible Approach to Improve Photovoltaic Properties of PBDTTT-based Polymers”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2011, 50, 9697-9702.
10. Youjun He, Hsiang-Yu Chen, Jianhui Hou*, Yongfang Li*，”Indene-C60 bisadduct: a new acceptor for high performance polymer solar cells”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 1377-1382.
11. Yen-Ju Cheng*, Chao-Hsiang Hsieh, Youjun He, Chain-Shu Hsu*, Yongfang Li*,” Combination of indene-C60 bis-adduct and cross-linked fullerence interlayer leading to highly efficient inverted polymer solar cells”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 17381–17383.
12. Guangjin Zhao, Youjun He, Yongfang Li*, “6.5% Efficiency of the polymer solar cells based on poly(3-hexylthiophene) and indene-C60 bisadduct by device optimization”, Adv. Mater. , 2010, 22, 4355-4358.
13. Youjun He, Guangjin Zhao, Bo Peng, Yongfang Li*，“High yield synthesis, electrochemical and photovoltaic properties of indene-C70 bisadduct”， Adv. Funct. Mater., 2010, 20, 3383-3389.
14. Yongfang Li*, Yingping Zou, "Conjugated Polymer Photovoltaic Materials with Broad Absorption Band and High Charge Carrier Mobility", Adv. Mater., 2008, 20, 2952-2958.
15. Qingjiang Sun, Y. Andrew Wang*, Lin Song Li, Daoyuan Wang, Ting Zhu, Jian Xu, Chunhe Yang and Yongfang Li*, “Bright, Multicoloured Light Emitting Diodes Based on Quantum Dots”, Nature Photonics, 2007, 1, 717-722.
16. Xiaowei Zhan*, Zhan’ao Tan, Benoit Domercq, Zesheng An, Xuan Zhang, Stephen Barlow, Yongfang Li*, Daoben Zhu*, Bernard Kippelen*, Seth R. Marder*, “A High-Mobility Electron-Transport Polymer with Broad Absorption and its use in All-Polymer Solar Cells and Field-Effect Transistors”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 7246-7247.
17. Jianhui Hou, Zhan’ao Tan, Yong Yan, Youjun He, Chunhe Yang, Yongfang Li*, “Synthesis and photovoltaic properties of two-dimensional conjugated polythiophenes with bi(thienylenevinylene) side chains”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2006, 128, 4911-4916.
18. Jianhui Hou, Lijun Huo, Chang He, Chunhe Yang, Yongfang Li*, “Synthesis and Absorption Spectra of Poly[3-(phenylene-vinyl) thiophene] with Conjugated Side-Chains", Macromolecules, 2006, 39, 594-603.
19. Yongfang Li, Yong Cao, Jun Gao, Deli Wang, Gang Yu, Alan J. Heeger， “Electrochemical properties of luminescent polymers and polymer light-emitting electrochemical cells”, Synth. Met., 1999, 99, 243-248
20. Yongfang Li, Renyuan Qian, “On the nature of redox processes in the cyclic voltammetry of polypyrrole in aqueous solutions”, J. Electroanal. Chem., 1993, 362, 267.