| Name：SUN Shengpeng|
Add: 199 Ren-Ai Rd., Suzhou Industrial Park, Suzhou, Jiangsu 215123, China
Phone: +86-(0)512-6588 2781
Fax: +86-(0)512-6588 2767Email: email@example.com
|Education and Postdoctoral Research |
Postdoctoral Associate, Cornell University, USA, 2010 - 2013
Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Tongji University, China, 2007 - 2010
Visiting Ph.D., at Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark, 2008 - 2009
M.S., Environmental Science, Henan Normal University, China, 2004 - 2007
B.E., Environmental Engineering, Henan Polytechnic University, China, 2000 - 2004
Sheng-Peng Sun is an associate professor of environmental engineering in the School of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at Soochow University. He received his Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering from Tongji University in 2010. He was a visiting Ph.D. student at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) during the period Sept. 2008 through Sept. 2009. Following postdoctoral research with Prof. Ann T. Lemley at Cornell University from 2010 to 2013, he became a faculty member in the School of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at Soochow University. Dr. Sun’s research involves the remediation of organic contaminants in water and contaminated soils using advanced oxidation methods, the fate and transport of emerging microcontaminants in the environment, development of innovative biotechnology for nutrient removal, and the process modeling and control in water and wastewater engineering. He is the author of more than 25 papers in referred journals, conference proceedings and book chapters, and his work has received over 700 citations to date. He is also the recipient of many honors and awards including the Certificate of Merit award from the American Chemical Society (ACS) Division of Environmental Chemistry in 2012.
Soil and groundwater remediation, Water/wastewater engineering, Advanced oxidation technology, Environmental biotechnology, Process modeling and control
1. Sheng-Peng Sun, Xia Zeng, Chun Li, Ann T. Lemley*. Enhanced heterogeneous and homogeneous Fenton-like degradation of carbamazepine by nano-Fe3O4/H2O2 with nitrilotriacetic acid. Chem. Eng. J., 2014, 244, 44-49.
2. Sheng-Peng Sun, Xia Zeng, Ann T. Lemley*. Kinetics and mechanism of carbamazepine degradation by a modified Fenton-like reaction with ferric-nitrilotriacetate complexes. J. Hazard. Mater., 2013, 252-253, 155-165.
3. Sheng-Peng Sun, Xia Zeng, Ann T. Lemley*. Nano-magnetite catalyzed heterogeneous Fenton-like degradation of emerging contaminants carbamazepine and ibuprofen in aqueous suspensions and montmorillonite clay slurries at neutral pH. J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., 2013, 371, 94-103.
4. Sheng-Peng Sun, Ann T. Lemley*. p-Nitrophenol degradation by a heterogeneous Fenton-like reaction on nano-magnetite: Process optimization, kinetics, and degradation pathways. J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., 2011, 349 (1-2), 71-79.
5. Carles Pellicer-Nàcher, Shengpeng Sun, Susanne Lackner, Akihiko Terada, Frank Schreiber, Qi Zhou, Barth F. Smets*. Sequential aeration of membrane-aerated biofilm reactors for high-rate autotrophic nitrogen removal: Experimental demonstration. Environ. Sci. Technol., 2010, 44 (19), 7628-7634.
6. Sheng-Peng Sun*, Carles Pellicer i Nàcher, Brian Merkey, Qi Zhou, Si-Qing Xia, Dian-Hai Yang, Jian-Hui Sun, Barth F. Smets. Effective biological nitrogen removal treatment processes for low C/N ratios domestic wastewaters treatment: A review. Environ. Eng. Sci., 2010, 27 (2), 111-126.
7. Li-Yun Yang, Shu-Ying Dong, Jian-Hui Sun*, Jing-Lan Feng, Qiu-Hua Wu, Sheng-Peng Sun**. Microwave-assisted preparation, characterization and photocatalytic properties of a dumbbell-shaped ZnO photocatalyst. J. Hazard. Mater., 2010, 179 (1-3), 438-443.
8. Sheng-Peng Sun, Cheng-Jie Li, Jian-Hui Sun*, Shao-Hui Shi, Mao-Hong Fan, Qi Zhou. Decolorization of an azo dye Orange G in aqueous solution by Fenton oxidation process: Effect of system parameters and kinetic study. J. Hazard. Mater., 2009, 161 (2-3), 1052-1057.
9. Sheng-Peng Sun*, Hui-Qin Guo, Qiang Ke, Jian-Hui Sun, Shao-Hui Shi, Min-Li Zhang, Qi Zhou. Degradation of antibiotics ciprofloxacin hydrochloride by photo-Fenton oxidation process. Environ. Eng. Sci., 2009, 26 (4), 753-759.
10. Jian-Hui Sun, Shao-Hui Shi, Yi-Fan Lee, Sheng-Peng Sun*. Fenton oxidative decolorization of the azo dye Direct Blue 15 in aqueous solution. Chem. Eng. J., 2009, 155 (3), 680-683.
11. Jian-Hui Sun, Shu-Ying Dong, Yong-Kui Wang, Sheng-Peng Sun*. Preparation and photocatalytic property of a novel dumbbell-shaped ZnO microcrystal photocatalyst. J. Hazard. Mater., 2009, 172 (2-3), 1520-1526.
1. Ann T. Lemley*, Sheng-Peng Sun. Investigation of a modified Fenton-like reaction with ferric-nitrilotriacetate complexes. The 19th International Conference on Advanced Oxidation Technologies for Treatment of Water, Air and Soil (AOTs-19), San Diego, California, November 17-21, 2013 (Oral presentation).
2. Ann T. Lemley*, Sheng-Peng Sun. Kinetics and mechanism of CBZ degradation at neutral pH by an NTA modified Fenton reaction in solution and by a heterogeneous Fenton reaction with nano-magnetite and NTA. The 246th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Division of Environmental Chemistry (ENVR), Indianapolis, Indiana, September 8-12, 2013 (Oral presentation).
3. Sheng-Peng Sun*, Xia Zeng, Ann T. Lemley. Degradation of emerging contaminant carbamazepine in aqueous solution and clay slurries via nano-Fe3O4 heterogeneous Fenton-like reaction at neutral pH. The 244th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Division of Environmental Chemistry (ENVR), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, August 19-23, 2012 (Oral presentation).
4. Sheng-Peng Sun*, Ann T. Lemley. Degradation of p-nitrophenol by heterogeneous Fenton-like reactions on nano-magnetite: Process optimization using response surface methodology. The 242nd ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Division of Agrochemicals (AGRO), Denver, Colorado, August 28-September 1, 2011 (Oral presentation).
5. Sheng-Peng Sun, C. Pellicer-Nàcher, S. Lackner, A. Terada, Qi Zhou, Barth F. Smets*. Start-up strategies of membrane-aerated biofilm reactor
Book Chapter1. M. Ruscalleda Beylier, M.D. Balaguer, J. Colprim, C. Pellicer-Nàcher, B.-J. Ni, B.F. Smets, S.-P. Sun, R.-C. Wang. 6.27-Biological Nitrogen Removal from Domestic Wastewater. part of: Comprehensive Biotechnology (Second Edition), pp: 329-340. Elsevier B.V., 2011.