| Name：ZHAO Youliang|
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering
Soochow University, 199 Ren-Ai Rd., Suzhou, 215123, P.R.China
Tel: +86-512-65882045 Fax: +86-512-65882045
Ph.D.: Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (September 2000 – July 2003)
M. Sc.: Xiangtan University (September 1997 – July 2000)
B. Sc.: Xiangtan University (September 1993 – July 1997)
2013.7–2013.9 JSPS Invitation Fellowships for Research in Japan, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
2007.8~now Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Soochow University, Jiangsu Province, P.R.China
2005.11–2007.8 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
2003.11–2005.11 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
1. Polymer Synthesis: Synthesis and properties of functional polymers with complex architectures such as block, star, graft and hyperbranched polymers via ionic polymerization, controlled radical polymerization, ring-opening polymerization and highly efficient coupling reaction
2. Smart Hybrid and Complex Materials: Preparation, modification, characterization and application of hybrid and complex materials especially based on solid supports such as silica particles, synthetic resin, cellulose, peptide, graphene, metal and metal oxide nanoparticles
3. Functional Biomaterials and Nanomaterials: Synthesis, properties and applications of stimuli-responsive polymers, peptide-polymer bioconjugates, hydrogels, self-healing and self-mendable materials
Excellent Master Degree Thesis in Hunan Province, 2002
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2003-2005
1. National Natural Science Foundation (20844001), Preparation and Properties of Functional Inorganic-Organic Hybrid Materials, 2008.1~2008.12
2. National Natural Science Foundation (20874067), Synthesis and Properties of Functional Inorganic-Polymer Hybrid Materials Grafted with Complex Macromolecular Architectures, 2009.1~2011.12
3. National Natural Science Foundation (21074081), Synthesis and Properties of Multicomponent Star and Graft Copolymers, 2011.1~2013.12
4. National Natural Science Foundation (21274096), Rapid Synthesis, Topological Transformation and Properties of Star and Dendritic Polymers with a Branched Core, 2013.1~2016.12
5. National Natural Science Foundation (21474070), Controlled Synthesis and Properties of Sequence-Defined Graft Copolymers and Their Derivatives, 2015.1~2018.12
1. Huanhuan Liu, Cangxia Li, Dandan Tang, Xiaonan An, Yanfei Guo, Youliang Zhao*, “Multi-responsive graft copolymer micelles comprising acetal and disulfide linkages for stimuli-triggered drug delivery”, J. Mater. Chem. B, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/c5tb00473j.
2. Bin Mo, Huanhuan Liu, Xiangdong Zhou, Youliang Zhao*, “Facile synthesis of photolabile dendritic-unit-bridged hyperbranched graft copolymers for stimuli-triggered topological transition and controlled release of Nile red”, Polym. Chem., 2015, 6, 3489–3501.
3. Yanfei Guo, Huanhuan Liu, Dandan Tang, Cangxia Li and Youliang Zhao*, “Facile synthesis of silica nanoparticles grafted with quaternized linear, comblike and toothbrushlike copolymers”, Polym. Chem., 2015, 6, 2647–2658.
4. Cangxia Li, Huanhuan Liu, Dandan Tang, Youliang Zhao*, “Synthesis, postmodification and fluorescence properties of reduction-cleavable core-couplable miktoarm stars with a branched core”, Polym. Chem., 2015, 6, 1474–1486.
5. Qiutong Huang, Bo Yang, Huanhuan Liu, Youliang Zhao* and Jianzhong Du*, “Silkworm cocoons by cylinders self-assembled from H-shaped alternating polymer brushes”, Polym. Chem., 2015, 6, 886–890.
6. Ke Miao, Wei Shao, Huanhuan Liu, Youliang Zhao*, “Synthesis and properties of a dually cleavable graft copolymer comprising pendant acetal linkages”, Polym. Chem., 2014, 5, 1191–1201.
7. Ke Miao, Huanhuan Liu, Youliang Zhao*, “Thermo, pH and reduction responsive coaggregates comprising AB
8. Dandan Tang, Xiao Jiang, Huanhuan Liu, Cangxia Li, Youliang Zhao*, “Synthesis and properties of heterografted toothbrushlike copolymers with alternating PEG and PCL grafts and tunable RAFT-generated segments”, Polym. Chem., 2014, 5, 4679–4692.
9. Huanhuan Liu, Ke Miao, Guangdong Zhao, Cangxia Li, Youliang Zhao*, “Synthesis of an amphiphilic PEG-PCL-PSt-PLLA-PAA star quintopolymer and its self-assembly for pH-sensitive drug delivery”, Polym. Chem., 2014, 5, 3071–3080.
10. Wei Shao, Ke Miao, Huanhuan Liu, Chunnuan Ye, Jianzhong Du, Youliang Zhao*, “Acid and reduction dually cleavable amphiphilic comblike copolymer micelles for controlled drug delivery”, Polym. Chem., 2013, 4, 3398–3410 (Top 10 most accessed articles during April and June 2013).
11. Xiao Jiang, Wei Shao, Kun Jiang, Meijing Zhang, Huanhuan Liu, Chunnuan Ye, Youliang Zhao*, “Synthesis and versatile postpolymerization modification of couplable A(BC)mD heterografted comblike block quaterpolymers”, Polym. Chem., 2013, 4, 3272–3281.
12. Meijing Zhang, Huanhuan Liu, Wei Shao, Ke Miao, Youliang Zhao*, “Synthesis and properties of multicleavable amphiphilic dendritic comblike and toothbrushlike copolymers comprising alternating PEG and PCL grafts”, Macromolecules, 2013, 46, 1325−1336.
13. Meijing Zhang, Huanhuan Liu, Wei Shao, Chunnuan Ye, Youliang Zhao*, “Versatile synthesis of multiarm and miktoarm star polymers with a branched core by combination of Menschutkin reaction and controlled polymerization”, Macromolecules, 2012, 45, 9312–9325.
14. Chunnuan Ye, Guangdong Zhao, Meijing Zhang, Jianzhong Du, Youliang Zhao*, “Precise synthesis of ABCDE star quintopolymers by combination of controlled polymerization and azide-alkyne cycloaddition reaction”, Macromolecules, 2012, 45, 7429–7439.
15. Xiao Jiang, Meijing Zhang, Shixian Li, Wei Shao, Youliang Zhao*, “Facile synthesis and versatile topological transformation of mono-cleavable symmetric starlike terpolymers”, Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 9906–9908.
16. Kun Jiang, Chunnuan Ye, Peipei Zhang, Xiaosong Wang, Youliang Zhao*, “One-pot controlled synthesis of homopolymers and diblock copolymers grafted graphene oxide using couplable RAFT agents”, Macromolecules, 2012, 45, 1346–1455.
17. Guangdong Zhao, Peipei Zhang, Chengbo Zhang, Youliang Zhao*, “Facile synthesis of highly pure block copolymers by combination of RAFT polymerization, click reaction and de-grafting process”, Polym. Chem., 2012, 3, 1803–1812 (invited contribution, hot article).
18. Chengbo Zhang, Yuan Zhou, Qiang Liu, Shixian Li, Sébastien Perrier, Youliang Zhao*, “Facile synthesis of hyperbranched and star-shaped polymers by RAFT polymerization based on a polymerizable trithiocarbonate”, Macromolecules, 2011, 44, 2034–2049 (hot article).
19. Peipei Zhang, Kun Jiang, Chunnuan Ye, Youliang Zhao*, “Facile synthesis of V-shaped copolymer brushes grafted onto the surface of graphene oxide via coupling reactions”, Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 9504–9506.